Your health and safety are important to us. As we monitor reports regarding the 2019 novel coronavirus COVID-19, we want to assure you that we are making every effort to ensure that your banking experience remains as seamless as possible.
We will post timely updates regarding any impacts to branch services on this page. As the situation continues to evolve, we will adjust operations as needed. Please check our Locations page for the most up-to-date branch availability.
Saturday hours will be DRIVE-THRU ONLY until further notice.
Hawaii Kai Branch
Hawaii Kai Branch will resume in-branch services on Monday, July 12, 2021. Service at the walk-up will remain available during branch hours.
Hawaii Kai Branch will restrict services to Walk-Up and ATM only until further notice. Kupuna Hour will be Monday - Friday from 9am - 10am at the Walk-Up window. Safe Deposit Box access is available by appointment only - call (808) 397-3351 to schedule an appointment.
What We Are Doing
We are taking extra efforts to clean and sanitize the common areas of our branches, but for the protection of our customers, employees and communities, we are encouraging customers to use our convenient Online, Mobile, and other remote banking services to reduce foot-traffic in our branches.
All open branches will be dedicating the first hour of branch operations, Monday through Friday, to service customers ages 60 and older and others considered high-risk by health officials. Please check your branch hours as hours vary by location.
Social Distancing Measures
For those who come in to a branch, we kindly ask you to remain at least 6 feet away from the next person, designated by markings on the floor. We will be limiting the number of people in each branch at one time. If necessary, you may be asked to wait outside. We will work to provide services to all customers in a timely manner.
Hawaii National Bank is requiring customers and employees to wear protective face masks. We may ask customers to temporarily remove their masks for identification and security purposes.
How We Can Help
The spread of COVID-19 around the world and in Hawaii has drastically changed our everyday lives. We understand that this may have changed the financial situation for you, your family and your business. We are committed to assisting our customers and communities, and encourage you to contact your branch, relationship officer, or call us at (808) 528-7800 during normal business hours to discuss the ways we can help.
Protect Yourself from COVID-19 Scams
There are several scams related to COVID-19 that are currently affecting Hawaii consumers:
- Thieves are using stolen identification information to file fraudulent unemployment insurance claims in Hawaii and out of state. Contact us immediately if you notice any unexpected claims activity in your account or receive unauthorized communications related to unemployment claims or benefits.
- Phishing e-mails from fraudulent charitable organizations and causes are targeting consumers, asking for support. Always research before giving money and only donate to trusted organizations.
How to Protect Yourself
- Be wary of telephone calls and text messages, letters, websites, or e-mails that require you to provide your personal information, especially birth dates and Social Security numbers. Be cautious with attachments and embedded links within e-mail, especially from an unknown sender.
- Monitor your credit report to look for fraudulent activity. Through April 2021, the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) are offering free weekly online credit reports. Visit annualcreditreport.com to order your free credit reports. If you suspect you are a victim, immediately contact the three major credit bureaus to place a fraud alert on your credit records. Additionally, notify the Internal Revenue Service by filing an Identity Theft Affidavit (IRS Form 14039) through irs.gov or identitytheft.gov.
- Monitor your bank accounts on a regular basis. Customers should immediately report any unauthorized financial transactions to Hawaii National Bank. Remember that we will never request your banking information via e-mail or phone call.
Message from Bryan Luke, President & CEO
We have been closely following the rapidly evolving news around COVID-19, and I want to provide you with a brief update on what we are doing at Hawaii National Bank to safeguard our customers, employees and communities.
First, I want to express my most heartfelt appreciation to our employees and to those on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are deeply grateful to the workers, businesses and agencies across Hawaii ensuring that we get the care, services and supplies we need during these uncertain times.
COVID-19 & Banking: FAQs
Is Hawaii National Bank closing due to COVID-19?
Banks are essential services for the community and we are making every effort to ensure that your banking experience remains as seamless as possible. We are monitoring official reports regarding COVID-19, and are following guidance from State and Federal health officials, including the State of Hawaii Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We will post timely updates regarding any impacts to branch services on this page and to our Hawaii National Bank Facebook and Instagram pages. As the situation continues to evolve, we will adjust operations as needed.
What should I do if I’m facing financial difficulty?
We can help. Please reach out to your Hawaii National Bank branch, relationship officer or call us at (808) 528-7800 during normal business hours. We are committed to assisting our communities during these uncertain times.
Is my money safe? What if a Hawaii National Bank branch temporarily closes?
The money you have deposited at Hawaii National Bank is safe, and is backed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), even if branch locations close temporarily. Hawaii National Bank is working to have as little interruption in branch services as possible.
Are ATMs available?
Our ATM network will continue to operate without interruption. Exterior-facing ATMs will still be available at branch locations that may need to temporarily close. Learn more about our ATM services here.
What about business services?
Business services will be available with modifications at all open branches. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your branch, relationship officer, or call us at (808) 528-7800 during normal business hours.
For more information about COVID-19, including what you can do to stay healthy, please refer to these resources:
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Hawaii State Department of Health
- State of Hawaii Department of Health, Disease Outbreak Control Division
Hawaii residents will start to receive their Economic Impact Payments, part of the recently passed federal stimulus plan to provide financial assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please refer to these resources for more information:
Remote Deposit Capture
Business customers are encouraged to enroll in eCapture to easily deposit checks from home or the office – contact our eBanking team at (808) 528-7800 for more information.